Monday, September 03, 2012

Reading - The brain tonic.

       Many of us are aware of the super specialty and the amazing ability of human brain within its complex state. Like human body, the brain also needs some exercise from time to time to enhance its ability to perform better. Human brain's main exercise would certainly be its stimulation. In order to achieve that we have to ensure that we are engaging the brain in some or the other exciting activity. There are many ways to get to that. However, a recent study reveals that reading acts as the best tonic for brain. I can certainly vouch for that. I was not willing to read anything during my childhood (used to stay as far as I could from books) and as time passed I got introduced to few amazing books by chance and since then there was never looking back. As an avid reader now, I read from different sources all the time. Many benefits of reading include, improving your vocabulary, gaining factual knowledge and certainly the stimulation to the brain. Reading has always been a favorite pastime to many and helps an individual evolve into a more matured and stable individual.
                                                                       I have read about this (reading being the brain tonic) on some random news blog and on analyzing it further, simultaneously relating to my case of becoming an avid reader from a non reader, I certainly can tell that the grey matter would get the required stimulation by reading, Initially, to start off with, I would say it doesn't really matter what you read as long as it has an optimistic approach. And, reading newspapers is the best to start with as it keeps you informed. When we read(mostly fiction), our brain tries to imagine and relate to the characters, locations, in the story and hence it simulates real life experiences which is hard to achieve by watching TV or playing a video game. Hence, it is imperative to inculcate the habit of reading at early stage of life. And every parent should make a note of this. Reading also helps reduce the stress levels, it is said and it actually does (happened to me, numerous times). So, beat the stress by reading something interesting and stress-free brain would have its ability of accomplishing tasks at its best. Hence, reading proves to be the tonic for brain. What are you waiting for? Keep reading(should I say, my blog) folks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey good one cutz I liked it. I liked to read when I am travelling in bus to office, but few say it is not good for eyes if u read when u r in a movement but again it individual choice. You are right now a days many of us are so lazy to read but once u start we think oh! we have missed a lot. Knowledge is like ocean there is no end to it and there is no age bar to read. There are many ways u can take time to read. I also carry a book when I go to hospital these days b'cse waiting simply in the lobby till they call us or chatting with a frnd on phone just to pass away time it is best to read and not cause noise. So get going everybody start reading. The earlier the best.